ITL strives to meet our customers’ needs when shipping and receiving their test samples.
We have set the standards listed here to pursue that goal. We list the standards we strive to meet so our customers will know what to expect from us. These are not rigid and written in stone. If you have special shipping or receiving needs, please let us know and we will make every attempt to meet your needs. The customer will be responsible for all shipping charges.
- When receiving equipment, ITL will retain and reuse the original packaging materials for return shipping, if these materials are still serviceable.
- We do not refuse equipment from the shipping company even if damaged. Time has shown this is the most prudent action, as many times, the equipment may still be serviceable or only a small portion may need replacing.
- Outbound shipping will go via UPS ground service unless otherwise requested. We also have FED EX (including FED EX ground) and some various other ground carriers convenient if you desire. Of course, the overnight services from these two companies are also available. However, if notification of your desire for overnight services comes after 12:30 p.m. MST, FED EX will not be available. This notification time increases as the size of your shipment increases.
- You will receive a “shipper” sheet, with your test reports. It will have a date on it, which is usually 3 weeks from the time of mailing the reports. ITL will ship your equipment as close to this date as possible. If you need us to retain your equipment for further testing, please let us know as soon as possible. If you need your equipment earlier than the date on the “shipper”, please fax the shipper back with instructions, a signature, and date.
- We do not use carrier INSURANCE unless specifically requested by the customer. This means you will receive little or nothing from the carrier if your test sample(s) are lost or damaged. If you want us to insure your packages, you must notify us.